This weekly round-up spotlights new Toronto restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should have on your radar.
Here are the newest places to eat in Toronto right now:
- The Butternut Baking Co. at 2743 Dundas Street West celebrates its grand opening this Saturday, May 6. The new bakeshop specializing in gluten-free, grainless, and naturally sweetened bakes.
- Eastbound Brewing Company is now open at 700 Queen Street East next to the Broadview Hotel
- Estia at 90 Avenue Road is now open in Yorkville and serving up a taste of coastal Mediterranean cuisine.
- The Halal Guys opens its first Toronto location to the public on Friday, May 5 at 563 Yonge Street.
- Origination just opened a second outpost in Scarborough located at 633 Sliver Star Boulevard.
- Peace, love, and lattes. That’s the slogan at the newly opened Coffee Public at 800 Bay Street.
- Taiwanese bubble tea chain Kung Fu Tea just a location in Toronto at 264 Spadina Avenue.
- Lao Thai is newly opened at 4 Gladstone Avenue. On the opening menu, noodles, fresh rolls, and stir-frys.
- Silo13 is now open at 4750 Yonge Street in unit 107, serving up build-your-own bowls of breakfast cereals topped with fruits, candy, nuts, and chocolates with a selection of milks.
- La Cubana has taken over 1030 Gerrard Street East that was until recently Janie Jones. The east side outpost opens this fall!
- Opening this May, The Food Society, going in at 650 Bay Street is an upscale cafe inside the chic B650 Boutique Hotel at 650 Bay Street. Once open look forward to daily breakfast, lunch, and late night snack.
- Picnic Food, makers of grab-and-go salads, sandwiches, and snacks is opening a third outpost this May at 120 Bloor Street East at Church.
- Pi Co. is opening a second location at Yonge and Eg! The pizza parlour know for personalized personal sized pies is opening at 2177 Yonge Street (formerly Hannah’s Kitchen)
- Gyro Bar, is a new souvlaki kitchen going in on Broadview just south of The Danforth.
- Fight or Flight Games is slated to open May 8 at 1175 Queen Street East in Leslieville. According to GoodHood, the new lounge will offer card and console games.