While Toronto’s housing market continues to be a perpetual rollercoaster, it should come as little to no surprise that sales fell 16.1% over the course of 2018, while the average home price dropped 4.3% to an average of $787,300, according to a new report from Zoocasa.
Despite this, condo sales in Toronto experienced the strongest price growth of any home type in 2018.
The average unit appreciated 8.7% to $593,366, well outpacing the rest of the market. In comparison, detached home prices saw an average depreciation of -7.1%, while semi-detached and townhouse prices rose 1% and 2.7%, respectively.
- Average price for a detached home in Toronto now nearly $1.3M
- You can buy a historical home in Toronto for $22 million (PHOTOS)
- There's a $28 million dollar condo for sale in Toronto (PHOTOS)
And while affordability was the main driver behind condo popularity in 2018, luxury units were also in hot demand throughout the city.
So where exactly does one find these luxury buildings? According to Zoocasa, six of the city’s 10 condo buildings are located in Yorkville, while the remaining four are peppered throughout the Entertainment District, Old Toronto and Summerhill neighbourhoods.
To determine which buildings fetched the most, Zoocasa determined the average price per square foot based on dollar volume for the year, as well as the estimated total square feet sold, based on data sourced from the Toronto Real Estate Board.
Only buildings with at least 10 transactions in 2018 were included.
These were the top 10 priciest Toronto condo buildings in 2018:
- Four Seasons Private Residences (Yorkville): $1,770 per sq.ft
- Residences at the Ritz-Carlton (Entertainment District): $1,369 per sq.ft
- Exhibit Residences (Yorkville): $1,350 per sq.ft
- One Bedford (Yorkville): $1,3131 per sq.ft
- The St. Regis Residences (Old Toronto): $1,279 per sq.ft
- U Condominium (Yorkville): $1,256 per sq.ft
- Theatre Park (Entertainment District): $1,247 per sq.ft
- One Bloor (Yorkville): $1,236 per sq.ft
- Pears on the Avenue (Yorkville): $1,229 per sq.ft
- Thornwood III (Summer Hill): $1,220 per sq.ft