Summer will soon be here, which means it’s time to enjoy some movies under the stars.
Starting this June, movie buffs can enjoy an impressive lineup of films at the Christie Pits Film Festival as part of Toronto Outdoor Picture Show’s 2019 programme, a summer-long series of outdoor films celebrating the theme, Dynamic Duos.
This year’s theme explores “partnership, friendship, coupledom, doppelgängers, and other dualities in a wide variety of cinematic two-handers.”
Christie Pits Film Festival will kick off its ninth season on Sunday, June 30, with a screening of the short films: I Like Girls and Erin’s Guide to Kissing Girls, and the feature film Rafiki.
On Saturday and Sunday, August 24 and 25, the season will culminate with a scheduled rain date and surprise Closing Night screening featuring another iconic cinematic duo.
- Another FREE outdoor movie hub is coming to downtown Toronto
- Toronto's Sail-In Cinema has been cancelled after 8 years
- It looks like the world's largest 'bed cinema' is coming to Toronto
Here’s this summer’s movie lineup:
- June 30: Rafiki
- July 7: His Girl Friday
- July 14: Weirdos
- July 21: The Odd Couple
- July 28: Infernal Affairs
- August 4: Sense and Sensibility
- August 11: Grey Gardens
- August 18: Gattaca
- August 24: Scheduled rain date
- August 25: Surprise closing night
Screenings always begin at sundown.
Although all screenings are free of charge, there is a suggested donation of $10.