Toronto’s very own CN Tower is one of the most popular landmarks in the world on Instagram.
According to a report by travel company On the Go Tours entitled “The Wonders of the World, According to Instagram,” the CN Tower ranks as the 11th most popular landmark in the world.
On the Go Tours compiled 50 of the world’s most visited and recognizable buildings and examined how many times those landmarks were used as hashtags on Instagram.
According to the data, #CNTower has been used 777,791 times at the time of the study’s publication. However, doing a quick Instagram search using the hashtag showed that the #CNTower has been used well over 800,000 times.
The Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, and the Grand Canyon were listed as the top three most hashtagged landmarks.
But we really think the CN Tower deserved the top spot.
The top twelve list of landmarks include:
- Eiffel Tower, Paris – 3,411,588 hashtags
- Big Ben, London– 2,436,319 hashtags
- Grand Canyon, Arizona– 1,938,482 hashtags
- London Eye, London– 1,912,640 hashtags
- Empire State Building, New York City – 1,578,349 hashtags
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Fransisco– 1,572,846 hashtags
- Tower Bridge, London– 1,178,399 hashtags
- Statue of Liberty, New York City– 1,083,079 hashtags
- Sagrada Familia, Barcelona– 929,310 hashtags
- Colosseum, Rome– 866,195 hashtags
- CN Tower, Toronto– 777,791 hashtags
- Machu Picchu, Peru– 743,667 hashtags