Toronto Mayor John Tory has just announced a new partnership with WeWork to create new networking sites around the city.
The Toronto Startup Passport will offer entrepreneurs in the city a network of sites to work and hold meetings.
The new Passport includes:
- Access to any workspace once a month at any of WeWork’s 274+ locations
- Ability to book and pay for workspace on an as needed basis after the first complimentary booking
- Access to the WeWork Member Network App which connects to more than 250,000 members worldwide
- Access to programming within WeWork spaces including panels and events and ability to host their own events as a way to drive awareness in international markets
- Business services and lifestyle perks available only to WeWork members
WeWork will offer new and upcoming startups —including those associated with MaRS Discovery District, the DMZ at Ryerson University, the University of Toronto Entrepreneurship and York University— access to to the program and WeWork’s international network.
— Enterprise Toronto (@enterpriseTO) June 21, 2018
“Toronto has a thriving entrepreneurial community and for these businesses to compete at an international scale, we need to provide them with the right infrastructure to succeed,” said Mayor Tory.
“The Toronto Startup Passport lowers the barrier of entry for businesses to build their presence outside of Toronto by providing them workspace and access to the WeWork community for programing and networking.”
WeWork opened its second Toronto location in February 2018.