That book you’ve been holding on to since March? Well, four months later, it’s finally time to return it.
Starting Tuesday at noon, the Seattle Public Library will accept book returns at nine of the following locations until 6 pm or until book drops are full:
- Ballard Branch, 5614 22nd Avenue NW
- Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Avenue N
- Douglass-Truth Branch, 2300 E Yesler Way
- Green Lake Branch, 7364 E Green Lake Drive N
- High Point Branch, 3411 SW Raymond Street
- Lake City Branch, 12501 28th Avenue NE
- Northeast Branch, 6801 35th Avenue NE
- Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Avenue S
- Southwest Branch, 9010 35th Avenue SW
The locations will accept returns three days a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays but will remain closed to “help mitigate the spread of coronavirus in the community.”
Returned materials will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before being checked in and will remain checked out on your account while being quarantined. The library is urging the public not to rush to return materials, as due dates for all checked-out materials have been extended until August 15. The library does not charge overdue fines.