Montreal’s streets will soon be filled with hundreds of zombies, in a good way. On October 27, the annual zombie walk returns to Place des Festivals where ghouls, creatures and the undead will take over for a terrifying stroll around downtown.
Every year, the Marche des Zombies/Zombie Walk gets bigger and more gruesome in what is the city’s largest collection of flash mob participants.
The parade is an opportunity for people of any age to get doused in fake blood, creepy costumes and scary props in a slow trot with hundreds of other frightening characters.
It’s always tough to top the previous year’s morbid fashion, but the city never disappoints with its creativity. Here are some ghastly examples of last year’s ghouls:
Before you make the undead trek, make sure to follow the guidelines. Even zombies respect the rules.
- Respect all security rules of transit: walk only on the sidewalks, cross the streets only at the intersections and when the light is green. Do not play around with or block traffic. No touching cars or pedestrians.
- You are responsible for all your body parts and your blood. Please leave no traces behind.
- There is no need to exaggerate. The people around you will be already petrified in seeing this mob of zombies coming towards them. Avoid any confrontation by not threatening or disturbing any human being that does not seem interested in the parade.
- The children are not very nutritious, avoid going too close to them.
- No foul play, vandalism, or other illegal activities will be tolerated.
- No alcoholic beverages or drugs.
- No weapons or fake weapons of any sort will be tolerated. This rule will also serve for zombie killers. This is something that is imposed on us by the authorities in order to allow us to follow through with the walk.
- Do not act in a violent manner or violate any private or commercial property.
- Please stay together as one group.
- If you have any questions, you may direct them to the creatures with bright ORANGE T-SHIRTS.
- Play the role of your character. Make noise and act as if you are starving for some juicy brains!!!
When: Saturday, October 27
Time: 1 pm
Where: Place des Festivals