The maximum capacity of people allowed to gather indoors throughout Quebec has increased five-fold.
As of today, capacity has increased from 50 people to 250 in all indoor public spaces throughout the province.
Richard Massé, a strategic advisor for Quebec’s public health agency made the announcement from the capital on July 23.
- See also:
All of the public health guidelines are expected to be followed by venues, halls, theatres, and other public spaces. The 250 person increase is exclusive to public spots and won’t include private parties or gatherings at homes, said Massé.
Private gatherings will remain at its current 10-person maximum capacity.
MESSAGE IMPORTANT : La Santé publique permettra à compter du 3 août un maximum de 250 personnes dans les salles de spectacles.
Pour plus de détails :https://t.co/233eTngOpZ
— Nathalie Roy (@NathalieRoyCAQ) July 23, 2020
“Every body’s cooperation, particularly through physical distancing, hand washing, and mask-wearing when required, is essential to ensuring the success of this new stage,” said Massé in French last week.
Quebecers are still asked to keep a safe distance and wear a mask inside public spaces/
When asked about the potential of festivals and events, Massé said they will remain prohibited until at least August 31 due to a significant risk of the transmission of the virus.
For more information, visit the Quebec.ca website.