Quebec Premier François Legault has clarified more rules in regards to the government’s holiday gathering allowance.
During a press conference on Tuesday, Legault made it clear that Quebecers can only partake in two gatherings during the four-day allocated period, December 24 to 27.
Last week, the Quebec government gave the okay for citizens to gather — at a 10-person maximum — during the holidays but had not specified how many events could take place during the time.
- See also:
Last week, the government asked Quebecers to isolate for one week before and one after any type of holiday gathering.
Legault also urged anyone who cannot isolate for a week before Christmas to skip holiday gatherings altogether. “If you can’t quarantine a week before, it’s best not to go anywhere for a Christmas dinner,” he said in French from Quebec City.
On voit enfin la lumière au bout du tunnel, mais la bataille contre le virus est encore là. Notre défi, c’est de garder le moral et de continuer nos efforts encore pour quelques mois. Suivez notre conférence de presse en direct: https://t.co/BRKg5HxOEg
— François Legault (@francoislegault) November 24, 2020
Quebec’s director of public health, Dr. Horacio Arruda, says the government’s new measures are aimed at keeping the “least amount of gatherings possible.”
Legault warned people not to travel outside the country and advised against travelling down south for all-inclusive trips.
“It’s really not a good idea to go on vacation outside of the country for the coming weeks or months,” he concluded.