Quebec public health is reporting that over one million people in the province have now received the COVID-19 vaccine, including 31,025 over the past day.
During a Tuesday afternoon press conference, Premier François Legault said public health would be ramping up vaccines, hoping to administer at least 50,000 per day “as soon as possible.”
Since Tuesday morning, 783 new cases were announced for a total of 304,490 across the province.
According to the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, zero deaths were announced over the past 24 hours. Between March 17 and 22, six were added to the provincial tally, while two others occurred “earlier in March.”
Hospitalizations have decreased by 11 since Tuesday morning for a total of 508 across the province, and patients in intensive care have increased by six to 118 since Tuesday.
- See also:
There are now 10,626 deaths since the pandemic began, 286,946 recoveries, and 2,964,339 negative cases.
On Tuesday, Legault said Quebecers need to continue respecting health measures and said it’s important to avoid a third wave, specifically calling on the rise in Ontario’s coronavirus variant cases.
“Last week, we pushed back the curfew, but it doesn’t mean we should visit people — it is still prohibited,” he said.
“It is very important that when it is your turn, you go get vaccinated,” he concluded.
As of March 29, high school students across Quebec (including red zones) will return to in-person classes full-time.
As of March 24, all senior residences will open their lunchrooms.
The distribution of cases in Quebec by age group is as follows:
The distribution of provincial deaths per age group is as follows:
Canada’s COVID-19 death toll is now 22,735, along with 942,320 total cases.
— Santé Québec (@sante_qc) March 24, 2021