Quebec Premier François Legault will be given the COVID-19 vaccine this week.
During a Tuesday afternoon press conference, the premier gave an update on the coronavirus situation in the province and announced that he will be given his first COVID-19 shot on Friday, March 25 in Montreal.
- See also:
“I asked my team to register me to get the COVID vaccine in Montreal on Friday,” he said in French. “I didn’t want to skip the line, so I am registering like everyone else. I don’t know which vaccine I’ll get, but regardless, I’m confident in all three available vaccines.”
Legault said “it is my turn,” now that Montreal has opened registration for vaccine appointments for everyone 60 years old and older.
The premier’s vaccine will be open to the public.
“You can come to see if I’ll be less scared than Christian [Dubé],” he quipped. “I am ready to get vaccinated. All three are safe and effective so of course, I will. I don’t want to jump the queue and I am leading by example. I hope this will inspire all Quebecers to get vaccinated.”
Jusqu’à maintenant, le QC résiste à la 3e vague, mais on a encore quelques semaines difficiles devant nous. Il faut continuer d’être prudent pendant qu’on accélère la vaccination. Pour tous les détails, suivez notre point de presse en direct: https://t.co/L7YeVQgK2o
— François Legault (@francoislegault) March 23, 2021
In regards to the pandemic in the province, Legault said Quebecers need to continue respecting health measures and said it’s important to avoid a third wave, specifically calling on the rise in coronavirus variant cases in Ontario.
“Last week we pushed back the curfew, but it doesn’t mean we should visit people — it is still prohibited,” he said.
“It is very important that when it is your turn, you go get vaccinated,” he concluded.