There are now 63 confirmed coronavirus cases in Quebec

Mar 17 2020, 7:58 am

According to Quebec public health officials, there are now 63 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the province, up from four at this time last week.

Santé Quebec says that as of March 17 at 1 pm, along with the 63 confirmed, there are 3,513 cases “under investigation” and 3,723 tests have turned up negative.

Throughout the week, Santé Quebec said the province will increase its testing capacity to 6,000 a day.

Of the province’s total cases, Montreal has the most confirmed viruses by area with 21 followed by the Montérégie region with 11.

In Canada, the overall risk remains “low,” according to Santé Quebec.

quebec.ca

The Quebec government has launched a bilingual website to help evaluate citizen’s risk of having contracted the coronavirus.

“The information presented here is for informational purposes only,” states the site. “This tool does not replace the judgement of a healthcare professional. If in doubt or for any more information, do not hesitate to contact the Quebec information hotline.”

The survey asks if you have any of the coronavirus symptoms (fever, coughing, difficulty breathing) and if anyone within your immediate circle has contracted the disease.

Amidst other virus-related questions, the survey gives you a “low” to “moderate” to “high” evaluation along with directions citizens should follow if they are deemed at risk.

Note: With coronavirus on the rise, Quebec Public Health is reminding individuals who attend events and large gatherings to monitor their health for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. And if you’re not feeling well, they recommend staying home at this time. Also, due to unexpected cancellations, please check the event you plan to attend is still taking place. Keep up with COVID-19 news here.