Porter Airlines has extended its flight suspension once again until July 29, one month later than previously scheduled, due to ongoing COVID-19 travel restrictions.
The airline revealed the initial temporary suspension of all its flights in mid-March, and the restart was initially planned for June 1.
It then extended its suspension of all flights until June 29, the company announced in April.
“We want to see our planes in the sky as soon as possible and are actively working to prepare for our resumption of service. However, the ongoing uncertainty presented by government travel restrictions, including border closures, is impacting our ability to operate flights,” said Michael Deluce, president and CEO of Porter Airlines.
“We are closely watching developments and know that Porter will be an important part of providing people with travel options as the economy recovers.”
Seasonal summer markets that Porter intended to serve in 2020 are being cancelled as part of this service deferral, according to the airline.
Muskoka, Ont., and Stephenville, NL, are the two destinations affected.
Porter says it is preparing to introduce enhanced health and safety measures for its return to service and details of these initiatives will be announced closer to when flights restart.
“To provide flexibility and give travellers peace of mind when purchasing for future travel, Porter is waiving change and cancellation fees on all fares booked between today and July 29. This also applies to Porter Escapes vacation packages,” states the airline.