We’re about to enter Easter weekend and, sadly, it doesn’t seem like the weather will be on our side.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Montreal and its surrounding areas, calling for up to 50 mm of rain.
- Montreal can expect a week's worth of double-digit temperatures starting today
- Quebec astronaut snaps gorgeous pic of the Saint-Lawrence River from space (PHOTO)
- Iconic Schwartz's Deli launches delivery for the first time ever in Montreal
- 25 Montreal restaurants among Canada’s 100 Best in 2019
“A series of low pressure systems will bring significant rainfall amounts over a long period of time,” reads the alert.
The “significant rainfall” amounts are expected mainly for Friday and Saturday, when 25 to 50 millimetres of rain could fall.
The statement was issued in the early hours of Thursday morning and is in effect for the following areas:
- Châteauguay – La Prairie area
- Laval area
- Longueuil – Varennes area
- Montréal Island area
Environment Canada urges citizens to monitor the weather website for updates regarding the significant expected downfall of rain.