Polluted water sends four Montrealers to the hospital
Four people living near Square Victoria were taken to hospital early Thursday afternoon as a result of tainted Montreal water.
Montreal paramedic, Jean-Francois Coornaert, confirmed firefighters identified a leak of magnatrol as the reason for the initial order to not use tap water in Montreal, reported on Thursday.
Magnatrol is a chemical substance used in air conditioners to eliminate bacteria.
The patients taken to the hospital were all residences of 445 Viger street and claimed to be feeling nauseous as well as suffering from diarrhea. Two other residents were treated by paramedics at their homes but were not taken to the hospital.
Montreal officials say the leak did not contaminate the greater Montreal water network and lifted the water advisory at 11:25 pm on Thursday night.
❗Do not use water advisory lifted❗
Contamination did not affect the city’s water system. You can now use and drink tap water with the exception of some addresses. pic.twitter.com/duG3RQr8UK
— Ville de Montréal (@MTL_Zoom) May 11, 2018
The city remarked that residents of the following addresses are still not to drink the water:
- 443-445-447-449-451-453-455 Avenue Viger Ouest
- 454-456-470 Rue de la Gauchetière Ouest
- 1030 Rue St-Alexandre
Those who live at those residences are urged to only use tap water to flush the toilet until further notice.