Victoria Day might not have the same pull this time around as in years past but a Monday day off should always be welcomed, regardless of whether a worldwide pandemic is going on or not.
As of now, the forecast for Monday is not very pretty as The Weather Network is forecasting up to 25 mm of rainfall.
Keeping in mind all of the businesses that are closed due to the lockdown, all municipal, federal, and provincial government offices will also be closed, even remotely.
- See also:
Keep in mind that public transit schedules may be slower on Monday as the STM will run on its regular weekend schedule.
To help you plan out the upcoming long weekend, here’s what’s open and what’s closed on Victoria Day in Montreal.
- All banks and post offices will be closed
- All federal and provincial government offices will be closed
- All municipal courts will be closed
- Some restaurants will be closed (we’d recommend calling beforehand to make sure)
- SAQ liquor stores will remain open for regular business hours (hooray!)
- Retail stores will remain open
- Most restaurants will remain open
- Some grocery stores will remain open
- Some pharmacies will remain open, especially larger chains like Jean Coutu and Pharmaprix
- Select retail stores with street access will remain open
- Garbage pickup will continue as normal (but could vary per region)
- The STM will be running on a weekend schedule