Frost advisories are issued when temperatures are expected to reach the freezing mark during the growing season, leading to the potential damage and destruction to plants and crops.
- This is what Calgary looks like after a spring snowstorm hammered it (PHOTOS)
- 21 shots of the devastating flooding across Quebec (PHOTOS)
- Floods have forced more than 9,500 evacuations across Quebec
- Photos and videos capture intense weekend of flooding in Ottawa
Starting overnight on Tuesday, minimum temperatures will fall to, or slightly below, the freezing mark in the effected regions, according to the weather agency.
The alert says that “frost may damage some crops in frost-prone areas.”
Temperatures are expected to hover around 9ºC and 4ºC on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, before falling to -1ºC at night.
The advisory was issued late Monday afternoon and is in effect for the following areas:
- Châteauguay – La Prairie area
- Laval area
- Longueuil – Varennes area
- Montréal Island area