It’s part of a free, annual giveaway that the city holds every year in partnership with eco-neighbourhoods.
The only catch? You have to have a residence from either the Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension or the Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough and be able to present proof of residence.
Residents from the Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough will be offered seven types of flowers including Impatiens, Coleus, Salvia Splendens, Petunias, Rudbeckias, Violas, and Zinnias.
Basil, flat parsley, and garlic chives will also be given away in addition to compost and wood chips.
Residents from the borough of Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension will be able to receive petunias, yarrow, and violas, as well as basil, coriander, and organic tomato plants.
Distribution for each borough will take place on two separate days. Each borough will distribute from several locations, starting at 9 am. Flowers and other items up for grab are first come, first served.
Borough of Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
When: Saturday, May 19
- Francoise Perrault Park – 7527 Francois-Perrault St, Montreal
- Saint-Roch Pool – 400 Ball Ave, Montreal
- Patro Le Prevost – 7355 Christophe-Colomb Ave, Montreal
- Rene-Goupil Education and Community Center – 4105 – 47th st, Montreal
Time: Rene-Goupil Education and Community Center – 2 pm, all other locations start at 9 am
Borough of Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough
When: Saturday, May 26
- Francis-Bouillon Arena – 3175 rue de Rouen, Montreal
- St. Donat Arena – 6711 rue de Marseille, Montreal
- Clement-Jette Arena – 8780 Dubuisson Avenue, Montreal
Time: Starting at 9 am