The competition visited five Canadian cities during its preliminary rounds this year which has been whittled down to the country’s top mixologists, bartenders, and bar managers, all of whom will be going head-to-head for the title of Miss Speed Rack Canada.
All of the competition’s ticket sales will be donated to Speed Rack Canada’s official charity partners, The Breast Cancer Support Fund and Breast Cancer Action Quebec.
- You can watch an axe throwing tournament for FREE in Montreal this month
- This epic country fair outside of Montreal returns on June 6
- The first show at Old Montreal's PY1 pyramid debuts on June 1
- Drone footage captures progress of historic new mural in Montreal (VIDEO)
To date, over $850,000 has been raised worldwide for breast cancer prevention, according to Speed Rack.
The five preliminary regional finals took place in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Montreal, and Halifax and have already raised over $26,000.
“We’re very passionate about the number of different charities that we support in cities across the world as we continue to grow, and are excited to be so close to our longtime goal of $1 million raised for charity,” says Speed Rack co-founder, Lynnette Marrero. “The competition is always exciting, and we love seeing the hard work and creativity behind the bar from the Speed Rack competitors every year, but at the end of the day, our mission is to spread awareness and support research to ultimately end this disease that so many of us have been touched by in one way or another.”
The following regional finalists will attempt to shake their way towards bartending glory:
- Dinah Kisil – Calgary, Proof Cocktail Bar
- Christine Verdone – Calgary, Milk Tiger Lounge
- Maya Bartha – Calgary, Shelter
- Colie Ehrenworth – Toronto, Mahjong Bar
- Adriana Cavarra – Toronto, A Toi
- Monique Godinho – Toronto, The Cloak Bar
- Marta S. – Toronto, Chantecler
- Amber Bruce – Vancouver, Keefer Bar
- Carolyn Yu – Vancouver, Gotham
- Emilie Loiselle – Montreal, Cloakroom
- Kate Boushel – Montreal, Barocco Group
- Daphnee Vary – Montreal, Foxy
- Tep Yith – Montreal, La Distillerie
- Ellie Rideout – Halifax, The Ostrich Club
- Mackenzie Blanchard – Halifax, The Middle Spoon
Speed Rack’s fourth Canadian edition will take place at the timeless Les Foufounes Électriques on Monday, May 13.
When: Monday, May 13
Time: 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Where: Les Foufounes Électriques, 87 rue Sainte-Catherine Est
Price: $35, available online