A 22-year-old man has been arrested and is facing a number of charges after forcing a 19-year-old woman into the sex trade in Ontario and Quebec.
According to police, the suspect was taken into custody by Montreal police on January 16 after an arrest warrant for human trafficking was issued.
- Alleged leader of global sex trafficking ring arrested in GTA
- 13-year-old sexually assaulted at home during break and enter in Brampton
- Pair arrested after alleged sex acts in front of passengers on Via Rail train
Police say the female victim was forced to take photographs of herself “in certain degrees of undress.” The photos were then posted online as advertisements.
The man allegedly forced the 19-year-old woman to turn over all earnings to him as she was trafficked in the two provinces.
Police said the woman was also forced to abide by rules imposed by the man and was ordered to meet a quota each day.
Kevin Barreau, of Montreal, is now facing 14 charges in connection with this investigation, including:
- Trafficking in Persons over 18
- Material Benefit from Trafficking in Persons over
- Exercise Control
- Advertising Another Person’s Sexual Services
- Uttering Threats
- Three counts of Fraud Under $5,000
- Two counts of Fraudulently Obtain Lodging
- Three counts of Use Credit Card Obtained by Offence
Investigators said they have evidence that makes them believe there are other victims.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact officers at 416-808-7474 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).