A freezing rain warning remains in effect for Montreal.
“Freezing rain is expected to continue over parts of Southwestern Quebec today. An additional 10 millimetres of freezing precipitation is possible, particularly over the St. Lawrence River Valley and the Ottawa River Valley,” said Environment Canada in a statement.
The warning is in effect for:
- Châteauguay – La Prairie area
- Laval area
- Longueuil – Varennes area
- Montréal Island area
“Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots will become icy, slippery and hazardous. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. Ice build-up may cause tree branches to break.”
The rain should clear up over the next few days as sun and cold temperatures are in the forecast for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Spotted on Reddit: This confusing product label sums up the Quebec-Canada relationship
- Double-decker train added to Deux-Montagnes RTM line to speed up service
- 23 photos from the massive Montreal Women's March this weekend