Quebec Premier François Legault says he has tested negative for coronavirus but will remain in isolation after meeting with Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole, who tested positive on Friday.
Legault said he and his wife will remain in isolation until September 28, in accordance with public health guidelines, following their meeting early last week.
- See also:
In a French Facebook post, the premier said he is “monitoring the situation very closely” as he continues to “fulfil the government duties” from home.
Legault will be replaced by deputy premier Geneviève Guilbault for question periods, news conferences, and any live potential breaking news appearances.
He encouraged Quebecers to keep following public health guidelines.
“We all have our part of responsibility in fighting the virus,” he said. “We need to stop contagion and get the virus back down. We are able to do it last spring. We can make it without going back to lockdown.”