So much for the good weather news.
- It will feel nearly 35°C warmer in Montreal in the next 48 hours
- Epic winter storm transforms Canadian city street into full-fledged ice rink (VIDEO)
- Montreal could be hit with another 10 cm snowfall this Wednesday
- Meteorologists believe yesterday was Montreal's coldest snowstorm in nearly a century
Two to four millimetres of freezing participation are expected over most regions where a warning has been issued, according to the weather website. Ice accretion will reach five to ten millimetres over the Laurentians foothills as well.
The warning was posted on Tuesday afternoon and is in effect for the following areas:
- Châteauguay – La Prairie area
- Longueuil – Varennes area
- Montreal Island area
“Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions,” reads Environment Canada’s warning.
Freezing rain warnings are issued when rain falling in sub-zero temperatures creates ice build-up and icy surfaces.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots could become icy, slippery and extremely hazardous.
Environment Canada urges citizens to monitor weather alerts and updates and to be safe when travelling outside.