Even though the COVID-19 pandemic has taken a hefty bite out of the hospitality sector, the US News & World Report has ranked the best hotels in Canada.
In case you forgot what it’s like to stay at a hotel, the report analyzed hotels for their industry awards, hotel star ratings, and user rankings.
Because after a day of exploring and travelling (when we’re allowed to again), the place you lay your head is a welcoming haven to recuperate and recharge before you do it all again the next day.
- See also:
The list is part of a larger annual ranking of hotels across Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe, and Bermuda, in which 30,000 hotels were evaluated.
It utilizes a comprehensive methodology that focuses primarily on three points: reputation among professional travel experts, reviews from guests, and hotel class ratings.
“The travel industry has faced numerous challenges over the past year, emphasizing the need to support and recognize hotels that continue to maintain exemplary standards,” said Zach Watson, travel editor at US News. “This year’s list offers a reliable guide for travellers to use when planning their next getaway, whether that’s in a few months or next year.”
In Canada, the list is dominated by Quebec, British Columbia, and Ontario hotels, sprinkled with a couple from Alberta.
If you’re eyeing a domestic trip when travel restrictions ease post-pandemic, these 25 spots might be a good place to start.
- Ritz-Carlton Montréal – Montreal, Quebec
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Fogo Island Inn – Joe Batt’s Arm, Newfoundland
- The Ritz-Carlton Toronto – Toronto, Ontario
- Fairmont Pacific Rim – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler – Whistler, British Columbia
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Four Seasons Hotel Toronto – Toronto, Ontario
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac – Quebec City, Quebec
- Loden Hotel – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Auberge Saint-Antoine – Quebec City, Quebec
- Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Manoir Hovey – North Hatley, Quebec
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Lake Louise, Alberta
- Wickaninnish Inn – Tofino, British Columbia
- Shangri-La Hotel Toronto – Toronto, Ontario
- Fairmont Château Whistler – Whistler, British Columbia
- Hôtel Nelligan – Montreal, Quebec
- The Hazelton Hotel Toronto – Toronto, Ontario
- Four Seasons Hotel Montreal – Montreal, Quebec
- Fairmont Banff Springs – Banff, Alberta
- Hotel 71 – Quebec City, Quebec
- Fairmont Waterfront – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Magnolia Hotel & Spa – Victoria, British Columbia
- Hôtel Quintessence – Mont Tremblant, Quebec