Stadium LRT Station redevelopment will kick off this month, transforming the station with a number of upgrades.
The more than 40-year-old station’s redevelopment is just one of several city maintenance projects that are set to begin in May.
- See also:
According to Edmonton Transit Service (ETS), some of the planned upgrades include the following:
- New platform added on the west side of the tracks (the existing platform would remain to serve northbound passengers)
- Barrier-free access at the end of each platform
- Removal of the underground concourse
- Added access point to the new southbound platform connecting the pathway between the station and Commonwealth Stadium
- New heated shelters on each platform and at the Stadium Transit Centre (buses)
- New public washrooms
- Enhanced lighting
- New bike parking
- Added pedestrian track crossings at both ends of the station
- Connections to the multi-use trails on both sides of the tracks
ETS has released renderings of what the changes are going to look like. Construction is expected to begin in mid-May
Take a look at the photos below: