Alright, you’ve made it halfway to the weekend. Now it’s time to get over the hump!
Here are a handful of things happening around town today that’ll help get you one step closer to the weekend.
Visit Heritage Park after hours for a 90-minute, spine-tingling ghost tour through the historic village. You ticket includes a complimentary hot chocolate or coffee and access to a cash bar at the Selkirk Grille for a much-needed alcoholic beverage – you may just need it!
- Where: Heritage Park Historical Village -1900 Heritage Dr SW
- When: Wednesday evenings between February 15 to March 8
- Cost: $19.95/person
Foodie’s rejoice! YYC’s favourite foodie festival is back for another year! Between March 3 and 12 some of Calgary’s best restaurants will be offering up three and five-course fix price menus for every meal of the day. Restaurants are sorted by price point, so you can be sure to expect more than a few options no matter what your budget may be. At the same time, there will also be various one-time only, signature events happening around the city, such as Canada’s tribute Dinner at The Guild, The Winemaker’s Dinner at the Deane House, the Reunion Dinner at Catch and more!
- Where: Various locations around Calgary. See participating restaurants here.
- When: March 3 to 12
- Cost: Varies depending on the location and menu. See website for more details!
The Hitmen have worked hard this season! Come show them some love and cheer them on in their four home games this March. Use the promo code “teen” when buying your tickets to the March 12th Hitmen Game and $2 of your purchase will be donated to the Distress Centre’s ConnecTeen Program.
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE
- Wednesday, March 8 at 7:00pm vs. Saskatoon
Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and it opens for the season on Saturday, December 17. The park is located on the main hill, which allows tubers to take advantage of the washrooms, eateries, retail store and other amenities located in the Frank King Day Lodge. It features 10 lanes, each of which are 200 metres in length.
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW