5 things to do in Calgary today: Tuesday, February 21
Happy Tuesday Calgary! We’ll help you get your groove back with fun events in town, from fun dates to outdoor activities, there’s lots to do today.
YYC Hot Chocolate Fest
Calgary’s favourite, cozy and delicious foodie festival is back for the 6th year in a row! During the entire month of February, be sure to warm up by checking out your favourite cafes, sweet shops and restaurants for their unique spin on everyone’s beloved winter drink. The best part is that a portion of every drink will go towards supporting Calgary Meals on Wheels, an even better reason to indulge in some warm chocolate goodness!
- Where: At participating locations
- When: The entire month of February
- Cost: Price of the Hot Chocolate + $1 will be donated to Meals on Wheels
Dinner & a Movie at Heritage Park
You can’t beat a classic with a classic! This ain’t no typical ‘dinner and a movie,’ as Heritage Park brings it up a notch with their delicious, themed three-course dinner in the Selkirk Grille Restaurant, before presenting a timeless classic film that will truly bring you back to a wonderful time in history!
- Where: Heritage Park Historical Village – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- When: February 21 – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Cost: $42.95/person or $8 for movie only
Check out WinSport’s Acura Tube Park
Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and it opens for the season on Saturday, December 17. The park is located on the main hill, which allows tubers to take advantage of the washrooms, eateries, retail store and other amenities located in the Frank King Day Lodge. It features 10 lanes, each of which are 200 metres in length.
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
Seities Studio: The Photographic Blue
Take a stroll through the Window Galleries of the Arts Commons and see this beautiful exhibit that includes works by Jaime Erin Johnson, Emma Powell, and Juilee Pryor. The gallery brings together the aesthetics of the traditional photographic process of Cyanotype photography, also called blue print, and the different views of the female identity, body and spirit.
- Where: Window Galleries (across from Max Bell Theatre in Arts Commons)
- When: December 5 to February 27
- Cost: FREE
Go Curling outside
St Patricks Island has set up a curling lane for public use so everyone can try their hand at the game. You can play in teams, as pairs, or even make up your own rules (just don’t tell anyone)
- Where: St Patricks Island – 430 8th Avenue SE
- When: Daily 9am to 7pm until the end of March