Monday can be a funday as well. From pizza nights at a coffee shop to plays and standup comedy, we’ve got you covered.
Check out what’s happening in and around Calgary today.
The Unauthorized Harry Experience – is coming to Calgary’s Boyce Theatre. Two-time Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, take on the challenge of condensing all seven Harry Potter books (and a real-life game of Quidditch) into 70 hilarious minutes.
- Where: Boyce Theatre, Stampede Park – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: November 10 to 27 (various times, check website for details)
- Tickets: Available online
Western Canada’s longest running open mic comedy show every week at Broken City. Surprise guests have included, Bob Odenkirk and Zach Galifianakis.
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Monday, November 21 at 8pm
- Cost: $5 cover
Ben Cannon hosts a monthly stand up comedy showcase at Cafe Koi every third Monday of the month. Head down and catch a show tonight on a ‘pay what you will’ entrance fee.
- Where: Cafe Koi – 1011 1st Street SW
- When: Monday, November 21 at 8 pm
Built in 1988 for the Olympic Winter Games, Olympic Plaza has the only refridgerated outdoor ice surface in the city. You can rent skates down at the plaza if you don’t have a pair of your own.
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- When: Now open – weather dependent from 6am to 11pm
- Cost: Free
Try something different at the local coffee shop. Chef Darren Maclean, Owner at Shokunin will be taking over the kitchen at Phil & Sebastian for an Italian feast. Don’t miss out on his lobster ravioli!
- Where: Marda Loop – 2043 33rd Ave SW
- When: Monday, November 21 from 6 to 9 pm