Studio Bell will live up to its name by hosting a full day of events surrounding mental health for this year’s Bell Let’s Talk Day.
This Wednesday, January 29, will see a wide variety of scheduled programs taking place at the building, beginning at 10 am with a mental health community exhibition in Canada Music Square that is free for all to attend.
The exhibition will run from 10 am to 5 pm.
- See also:
Those heading inside Studio Bell will be able to partake in a National Music Centre President’s Tour with Andrew Mosker from 2 to 3 pm, which will highlight the healing power of music, according to a release from NMC.
“The National Music Centre has always believed that music heals and has been committed to providing action-based initiatives through on-site and outreach programs in the community that promote the healing power of music,” said Andrew Mosker, president and CEO of NMC, in the release.
“This year, we are expanding our music and healing programming stream, by welcoming the public to explore mental health education and therapies throughout the year, which they can incorporate into their everyday lives.”
A Kimball Theatre Presentation will be held from 3 to 3:30 pm with an emphasis on music and emotions, which will be followed up with a drum therapy session from 3:30 to 4 pm.
The drum session is free to the public as well.
“Bell Let’s Talk congratulates the National Music Centre for taking action to support community mental health groups and through its planned new music and healing program,” said Mary Deacon, Chair of Bell Let’s Talk, in the release.
“Music helps to create positive change for those living with mental illness and this initiative by NMC is a great example of the difference we can make in all our communities.”
Events that are not free to the public can be accessed with regular admission to Studio Bell.
The release also included some ways that Calgarians can use social media to join the conversation and raise money for mental health programs throughout Canada. Bell has pledged five cents for any time the following happens on January 29:
- Talk: Every mobile and every long-distance call made by Bell wireless and phone customers
- Text: Every text message sent by Bell wireless customers
- Twitter: Every tweet and retweet using #BellLetsTalk, featuring the special Bell Let’s Talk emoji, and every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at Twitter.com/Bell_LetsTalk
- Facebook: Every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at Facebook.com/BellLetsTalk and every use of the Bell Let’s Talk frame
- Instagram: Every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at Instagram.com/Bell_LetsTalk
- Snapchat: Every use of the Bell Let’s Talk filter and every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view
- YouTube: Every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at YouTube.com/BellCanada
When: Wednesday, January 29
Time: From 10 am to 5 pm
Where: Studio Bell and Canada Music Square
Admission: Regular admission to Studio Bell required for some events