Just imagine performing in front of a packed stadium.
That dream could become a reality at the Rough House, as the Calgary Roughnecks are hosting a Roughnecks Got Talent competition that will see a hometown performer take the stage during halftime.
- Oakland Athletics shout out World Series-bound Canadian Little Leaguers
- Bowden SunMaze sunflowers predicted to fully bloom this Saturday
- A definitive list of childhood candy ranked from worst to best
Performers including anyone from musicians, dancers, magicians, and comics to ventriloquists (and many more) are invited to participate in the competition, which could land them a spot in front of a huge crowd, professional footage, and a $1,000 cash prize.
The winner will also be promoted on the Roughnecks’ extensive social media channels, meaning even more eyes on you and your talent — whatever it may be.
Potential applicants can sign up by filling out the form on the Roughnecks’ website, including a link to their video audition.
Submissions officially opened at 10 am on August 15 and will remain open until 5 pm on September 27.
Participants must be at least 15 years of age or older to apply, and those under 18 will need consent from a parent/guardian.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Group acts cannot exceed 30 members
- Performances cannot be longer than eight minutes (including set-up and take-down time)
- Those selected for the preliminary auditions will receive a phone call after submitting their forms