April 12 update: All five men have spoken with police and been cleared of any wrongdoing.
Police are trying to put together the pieces of what led to the deaths of two men in the early hours of April 3.
According to a release from the Calgary Police Service, two men were found suffering from gunshot wounds in a vehicle on the 2400-block of 37th Avenue at around 2:15 am, and CPS is hoping to speak with five persons of interest.
- Calgary Police identify victims of Wednesday's double homicide
- The Calgary Police Service is getting a new armoured rescue vehicle
- First 2 days of advance voting surpasses 2015's pre-election total
Police had shared one photo of a person of interest earlier this week, though, after that person promptly came forward, police determined him to no longer be considered a person of interest regarding the double homicide.
Five other men, however, are being sought by police as they are believed to have information that may be useful in the investigation.
Police do not know the identities of the five men, but have the descriptions and photos of each. The release describes them as:
- A black male, in his 20s, with a medium build. He was wearing a light-coloured hoodie, dark pants and Adidas sandals.
- An Asian male, in his 20s, with a medium build. He was wearing a dark-coloured hoodie.
- A black male, in his 20s, with a slim build. He was wearing a hoodie.
- An Asian male, in his 20s, with a medium build. He was wearing a hoodie, jeans and a blue baseball cap.
- A black male, in his 20s, with a medium build. He was wearing a blue coat, grey shirt and grey pants.
Police believe all five men to be associated with one another and to have been attending a restaurant in the time leading up to the incident.
Anyone who recognizes these men, or has any information on April 3’s double homicide, is asked to contact the Homicide Tip Line at 403-428-8877 or the Calgary Police Service’s non-emergency number of 403-266-1234.
Tips can also be left anonymously through Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or by visiting their website.