Johnny Hockey has played in Calgary for three full seasons, but Friday is the day he becomes a real Calgarian.
Representatives from the Flames, Hitmen, Roughnecks and Stampeders will be riding in the 2017 Calgary Stampede, as part of the Calgary Sports and Entertainment float. Gaudreau, along with Curtis Lazar, will represent the Flames.
“Pulling Together to Give Back to the Community” will be featured across the top of the entry, which will be pulled by Flames employees followed by representatives from each of the four teams on horseback.
The float will also have the members from the Flames MasTec Ice Crew and Century Downs Racetrack and Casino Stampeder Outriders walking side-by-side.
- Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames)
- Curtis Lazar (Calgary Flames)
- Bret “The Hitman” Hart (Calgary Hitmen)
- Connor Rankin (Calgary Hitmen)
- Dane Dobbie (Calgary Roughnecks)
- Garrett McIntosh (Calgary Roughnecks)
- Karyn Drake (Calgary Stampeders)
- “Quick Six” (Calgary Stampeders)
The 4.5-kilometre Friday morning parade kicks off the 105th edition of the Calgary Stampede. The parade begins with the World Champion Calgary Stampede Showband followed by a dynamic ribbon of pageantry, featuring floats, bands, riders, celebrities, and cultural entries.