Sure, Calgary can get cold in the winter, but that doesn’t mean you need to freeze along with it!
Given the plummeting temperatures, many ingenious businesses have sprung up around the city to cater to those who want to keep moving, regardless of whether the weather decides to cooperate.
- Calgary is getting an indoor skydiving centre
- Amazon Echo now available in Canada for first time ever
- Here's everything you can do at Calgary's Canada Olympic Park
We’ve got everything from air parks to ninja training grounds, and all of it in the comfy confines of temperature controlled buildings.
Here’s a few of the awesome activities to do in Calgary when that outside air is biting just a bit too hard.
- What: Jump up jump up and get down at Calgary’s Extreme Air Park, with zero gravity basketball, a foam pit, dodgeball, and more.
- Where: Extreme Air Park – 1411 33rd Street NE
- Admission: $22 for a day pass
- Hours: 10 am to 10 pm Sunday to Thursday, 10 am to midnight on Friday and Saturday
- What: Opened on October 24, B-Line Indoor Bike Park features four lines of increasing difficulty, a foam pit, a mountain biking area, and rentals for anyone hoping to give biking a try.
- Where: Unit 6 – 401 33rd Street NE, Calgary
- Admission: A day pass is $30, but annual memberships, family discounts, and rental packages are available
- Hours: 3 to 10 pm Tuesday to Friday, 10 am to 10 pm on Saturday, 10 am to 8 pm on Sunday, and closed on Mondays
- What: Get over your fear of heights by scaling up a wall – don’t worry, you’ll be connected to a rope (as long as you’re not bouldering). Calgary Climbing Centre offers climbing opportunities for people of all experience levels.
- Where: Calgary Climbing Centre Stronghold – 140 15th Avenue NW
- Admission: $16.19 for an adult day pass, student and child discounts available
- Hours: 10 am to 11 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 6 am to 11 pm on Tuesday, and 10 am to 8 pm on Saturday and Sunday
- What: InjaNation is Calgary’s very own ninja warrior training grounds, with obstacles ranging from the wall climb to rope swings.
- Where: InjaNation – Unit 102, 52 Aero Drive NE, Calgary
- Admission: Weekend: $19.95 for one hour, $8 to add 30 minutes. Weekday admission: $$14.95 for one hour, $7 to add 30 minutes.
- Hours: 10 am to 9 pm Sunday to Thursday, and 10 am to 10 pm on Friday and Saturday