The GlobalFest fireworks have been bringing some colour to these otherwise grey skies.
Touted as Alberta’s Most Explosive Festival, the annual event is held to celebrate cultural diversity within the city and features multiple cultures’ food, music, and, of course, fireworks.
- This Cineplex theatre is now offering Calgary's first VIP movie service
- 2018 is on pace to become Calgary's smokiest year ever
- Flames trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Canadiens for Kerby Rychel
This year’s five-night event has featured fireworks from Ukraine and Spain, and is getting ready for Philippines, China, and the finale to light up the night over the coming week.
Each night’s fireworks are best viewed from Elliston Park, which is where all the cultural pavilions, performance stages, and seating will be set up. Tickets for the party are available at GlobalFest’s website starting at $20 per person.
We’ve put together some photos of the previous two nights to show you what is going on at Elliston Park this week.
- Tuesday, August 21: Philippines
- Thursday, August 23: China
- Saturday, August 25: Finale
Time: 6 to 11:30 pm
Where: Elliston Park — 17th International Ave. and 60 Street SE
Tickets: Available online, starting at $20
Daily Hive is a proud online sponsor of GlobalFest