The City of Calgary is looking to hire up to 50 people for the job of recreation leader this summer.
According to the City’s website, these temporary on-call positions will be responsible for the leadership and supervision of participants in recreation programs throughout the city.
- See also:
Recreation leaders can also be in charge of special events and youth program day camps, and the city provided a list of primary duties that will be involved in the gig:
- Plan meaningful program activities and complete comprehensive lesson plans.
- Provide leadership in a variety of recreational activities to program participants.
- Ensure safety and appropriate supervision of program participants.
- Preparation and maintenance of equipment, supplies and facility.
- Maintain program records and assist with program evaluation.
- Provide positive role model leadership and coaching to youth volunteers as required.
- Facilitate recreation programs that focus on social and/or skill-based outcomes.
- Willingness to take initiative and extra leadership duties within program space.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The job pays $15 an hour, working daytime, evening, and occasional weekend shifts.
We’re hiring Recreation Leaders to plan exciting activities and supervise our outdoor recreation programs.
If you are over 16 and have:
✅ Min. of 4 mths experience
✅ First Aid, CPR, & AED Level C
✅ Current security clearance
Then apply by June 25 at https://t.co/3CNbMG9UvG
— City of Calgary (@cityofcalgary) June 21, 2020
Those hoping to apply will need to be at least 16 years of age, have four month’s experience, have current standard First Aid, CPR, and AED Level C certification, as well as “experience with target population and skill-based outcomes will be considered an asset.”
Applicants will also need a valid security clearance that had been completed within the past year.
The deadline to apply for these positions is Thursday, June 25, and more information on how to apply can be found at the City of Calgary’s website.