If you were hoping to pick yourself up a furry friend sometime soon, you’d better do it ASAP.
The Calgary Humane Society has announced that it is offering 50% off on all animal adoptions for the next four days, as their Clear The Shelter Adoption Event is running from July 2 to 7.
- TELUS now introducing 'endless' data plans and $0 upfront on all phones
- This small US town hosts an annual festival dedicated entirely to Canada
- Hotel Arts' outdoor pool just got a serious upgrade (PHOTOS)
The society has big plans for renovations this summer, and seeing as the loud noises can scare animals, they’re hoping to clear all the prospective pets out of the building before beginning construction.
“Construction can be loud and scary for animals so we NEED to clear the shelter to protect them from dust and noise during renovations,” the society’s website states.
Anyone who picks up a pet for 50% off this week will also receive:
- Six months of animal licensing for the City of Calgary
- A complimentary first visit to the vet
- A gift package from the Calgary Humane Society’s partners, Royal Canin and Pet Planet
- Microchip and tattoo
- A free spay/neuter
- Vaccinations and deworming
- Behaviour support
- and one year of Calgary Humane Society membership