Talk about a gorgeous Tuesday!
Make the most of your time off today by checking out any of these great events going on around the city — don’t waste this day away by staying at home!
- Joe Rogan will be performing in Calgary this summer
- 1500 adorable pets up for adoption across Canada this long weekend
- Two actors cover the complete Harry Potter series in 70 minutes
- What: Ever wondered how to make a French macaron? Look no further. Everyone’s favourite macaron shop, Ollia, hosts Macaron Baking Classes, offering exclusive lessons on how to properly engage in some macaronage, get the perfect shell, and create a variety of flavours. Bon appetite!
- When: May 8, 15, 22, 23, 29
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Ollia Macaron and Tea – 810c 16th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Call to reserve your spot, $100
- What: Head to one of Calgary’s favourite eateries for some after-work libation for only $8 a glass. This deal includes the Moscow Mule Grilled Grapefruit Swizzle, a pint of Village Brewery No Bull beer, or a glass of wine. They will also be offering a chicken dinner for two for only $30, which includes half a wood-fired rotisserie Happy Chicken, with NOtaBLE signature salad and bottomless fries on the side – sign us up!
- When: Tuesday to Thursday
- Time: 3:30 to 5:30 pm
- Where: 4611 Bowness Road NW
- What: Looking for some inspiration, a place to write that isn’t your kitchen table, or simply some guidance on a writing project? For only $5 you can join White Space Writers every Tuesday morning and receive a workspace, unlimited coffee, accessibility to writing resources (aka they will look over a piece you’re working on) and a writing prompt if that is what you’re interested in. Plus you might make a new creative friend or two, which is priceless!
- When: Every Tuesday
- Time: 9 am to 12 pm
- Where: Loft 112 – 535 8th Avenue SE
- Admission: $5
- What: Did someone say road trip? Grab some pals and your camera and go cruising on this stretch of highway between Jasper and Lake Louise. The views are tremendous, but just make sure you don’t limit you to one single destination. It’s all about the drive and what you’ll discover!
- Where: Highway between Jasper and Lake Louise
Dust off your road bike
- It looks like Calgary has seen the last of the snow, for the next five months at least – fingers crossed! So it’s the perfect time to get out your road bike and head down to the river for some beautiful views and a great afternoon of adventures, exploring Calgary’s bike paths.