We’re not gonna sugar-coat it… Tuesday really isn’t the most exciting day of the week.
Stuck in the early days of the work-week, poor Tuesday is probably the furthest away from the weekend you can get, because Monday at least gets to be a part of the fun during holidays.
Just all the more reason why it is imperative that you plan something extra fun for today, and we’ve got the perfect suggestions!
Take a look at some great events to do this Tuesday and you’ll be thinking it’s the weekend in no time.
- Thousands to stare at Calgary Tower and say 'wow' like Owen Wilson
- Get $3.14 pizzas at these Calgary restaurants on Wednesday for Pi Day
- Driver slams into oncoming traffic driving on wrong side of Calgary road (VIDEO)
- What: Looking for some inspiration, a place to write that isn’t your kitchen table, or simply some guidance on a writing project? For only $5 you can join White Space Writers every Tuesday morning and receive a work space, unlimited coffee, accessibility to writing resources (aka they will look over a piece you’re working on), and a writing prompt – if that’s what you’re interested in. Plus, you might even make a new creative friend or three, which is priceless!
- When: Every Tuesday
- Time: 9 am to noon
- Where: Loft 112 – 535 8th Avenue SE
- Tickets: $5
- What: Ever wonder how to make a French macaron? Look no further. Everyone’s favourite macaron shop, Ollia, hosts Macaron Baking Classes, offering exclusive lessons on how to properly engage in some macaronage, get the perfect shell, and create various flavours. Bon appetite!
- When: Tuesday, March 13
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Ollia Macaron and Tea – 810c 16th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Call to reserve your spot, $100
- What: Should be an easy win for our boys, right?
- When: Tuesday, March 13
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE, Calgary
- Tickets: Ticketmaster, $45 to $256+
- What: You saw them all over Instagram last year! Luckily, they’re back again for another year. All week long you can have a beautiful rainbow cloud macaron from Ollia in lieu of St. Paddy’s Day that tastes just as good (if not better) than it looks. The flavour this year is strawberry cheesecake, complete with a candy rainbow and marshmallow clouds. It’s all in the details!
- When: Monday March 12 to Saturday March 17
- Where: Ollia Macaron and Tea – 810C 16th Avenue SW
- Cost: 1 for $6 or 2 for $10
- What: Travelling all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you what you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures, and our understanding of how they communicate. There is so much to learn about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26