Tuesdays don’t always have to be so terrible! After all, it’s not like it’s still Monday…
Celebrate moving slowly but surely towards the weekend by getting out and attending any of these great Calgary events today!
- Attend a Christmas concert 100 metres underground
- Spotted on Reddit: Anonymous good samaritan causes tampon price-drop at Calgary airport
- Canadian health care joke topping Reddit right now (PHOTO)
- What: Breakfast has just been taken to a whole other level! Enjoy a delicious waffle paired with Spiked Eggnog, a Mimosa (or two) and/or an Irish coffee.
- When: Friday, December 1
- Where: Buttermilk Fine Waffles – 330 17th Avenue SW
- What: Drop off toys at in the toy box at one of the specified locations and help support families who have been affected by domestic abuse at the Women’s Emergency Shelter.
- When: November 20 to December 22
- Where: Various locations
- What: Calling all cat lovers – we know you’re out there! Come hang out with the kittens at the Regal Cat Cafe as you create a painted masterpiece. All supplies provided.
- When: Tuesday, December 5
- Time: 6:30 to 9 pm
- Where: Regal Cat Cafe – 303 10th Street NW
- Tickets: Online, $25
- What: Based on David Desaris’ book chronicling his hilarious experience working as an elf at Macy’s, this one-man show is a Christmas comedy that will speak to the humbug in all of us.
- When: November 2 to December 23
- Monday to Saturday, noon
- Thursday to Friday, 6 pm
- Tickets: Online, $155
- What: This festival of lights is the largest drive-by Christmas lights event in Calgary (and it’s free!). With over 300,000 lights and opening fireworks to start the celebration, this is a light show you won’t want to miss.
- When: Saturday, December 2 to Monday, January 8
- Time: Opening day 5 pm, then 6 pm to midnight daily
- Where: Confederation Park – 14th Street NW, north of 24th Avenue, Calgary
- Admission: Free!