It’s the first Thursday of a brand new month!
There’s plenty going on around the city today to make the day as awesome as its weekend counterparts, so get out there and find something new to try out.
- Hockey fans in shock after Brian Burke appears on TV wearing a tie
- Month of May announced as Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- The 39 communities Calgary Police will have photo radar this May (MAP)
- What: Eat, drink and eat some more at this annual 11-day food festival held in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- When: May 3 to 13
- Where: Various locations in and around Canmore
- Tickets: Online, $39 to $180
- What: Eating tacos for a good cause… now that’s a challenge we’re up for! Participating eateries (which are to be announced) will offer either individual tacos for $4 to $6, or a larger taco platter that will be anywhere from $12 to $18. 15% of every taco sold will be donated to the Calgary Homeless Foundation and Kids Up Front.
- When: April 27 to May 6
- Where: See participating resultants here!
- What: Board game cafe’s make a great first date, as there are lots of icebreaker opportunities to make it very obvious if there will be a second date in the cards. Alternatively, it’s a fun way to hang out with friends and spice up a usual catch-up coffee affair. Plus, there is nothing wrong with some healthy competition!
- Hexagon Board Game Cafe – #200 1140 Kensington Road NW, Calgary
- Boxcar Board Game Cafe – 1215 1st Street SW, Calgary
- What: Come grab a fire-roasted pizza from your favourite neighbourhood pizza shop, Famoso’s on 4th, and check out their new renovations. A gorgeous centre bar, natural lighting, cosy booths, and more, they really have taken the concept of a local pizza eatery to the next level. Step into Italy and enjoy!
- When: Opened early April
- Where: 2303 4th Avenue SW
- What: Bring your gently used books and search of a few new gems to dive into at the 16th Annual Book Drive and Sale in support of RESET Society of Calgary (formerly known as Servants Anonymous). Who doesn’t love getting a new book to get lost in!
- When: May 2 to 6
- Wednesday and Thursday: 3 to 8 pm
- Friday to Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Where: Crossroads Market – 1235 26th Avenue S
- Admission: FREE