So it might not be the weekend quite yet, but Thursday can be just as fun as Friday, Saturday, and Sunday — as long as you put your mind to it!
We’ve thrown together a list of some great events to check out if you want to get out of that house and into the city. Enjoy!
- Calgary to receive $1.53 billion infrastructure investment from federal government
- Trudeau faces questions over the pipeline during visit to Calgary
- Uber Eats releases a list of each Calgary neighbourhoods' favorite dishes
- What: Have you heard their new album Villains yet? We highly recommend downloading it, or simply come experience it live.
- When: Thursday, May 17
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: Scotiabank Saddledome – 555 Saddledome Rise SE
- Tickets: Ticketmaster, $49 to $70
- What: Weary and in love seems to be a trend in Shakespeare’s work! Come see Beatrice and Hero come to life in this captivating performance and reenactment of Shakespeare’s work.
- When: May 17 to June 2
- Time: Varies by performance
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $15+
- What: The long wait is finally over! The Calgary Zoo has officially welcomed four pandas, two adults and two cubs, in their newly built habitat, The Panda Passage. These furry black and white friends are charming and have a ton to teach us in the five years that they will be with us before returning to China.
- When: Anytime during regular zoo hours
- Where: The Calgary Zoo — 210 St. Georges Drive NE
- Admission: Regular admission to the zoo
- What: Come shop the all-natural, preservative-free skin care products from Essentials by Nature throughout the month of May at Greater Goods Boutique and Tea Bar, located in the heart of Bridgeland. You’ll be supporting a local —and extremely talented — small business while purchasing products that are good for you, your home, and the environment.
- Where: Greater Goods – #8 606 Meredith Road NE
- When: The entire month of May
- What: Come grab a fire-roasted pizza from you’re favourite neighbourhood pizza shop, Famoso’s on 4th, and check out their new renovations. A gorgeous centre bar, natural lighting, cozy booths, and more, they have really taken the concept of a local pizza eatery to the next level. Step into Italy and enjoy!
- When: Opened early April
- Where: 2303 4th Avenue SW