It feels like the week should be done already, doesn’t it?
Maybe the holiday weekend last week has spoiled us, but we’re just about ready for another few days off following these past few workdays.
Even though it’s not quite Friday yet, that doesn’t mean you can’t turn Thursday into something just as fun.
Here are a few suggestions for getting out and about in this beautiful – if a little snowy – city!
- Facebook: Cambridge Analytica may have shared data of over 600,000 Canadians
- Calgary brewing company offering extra $500 for beer with membership
- Calgary weather is going to skyrocket up to 12°C next week
- What: Grab your crew and stroll through your favourite downtown art expo for FREE on the first Thursday of every month. This is the perfect opportunity to check out the latest exciting exhibits that are currently set up at the Glenbow, like Frida Kahlo: Her Photos, Black Gold Tapestry, Eye of the Needle, and more!
- When: Thursday, April 5
- Time: 5 to 9 pm
- Where: Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE
- Admission: FREE
- What: If you have never seen “Hidden Figures,” then you are in for a treat! Get inspired by these three steadfast, driven women as you raise money for the SAIT Women in Science and Engineering club.
- When: Thursday, April 5
- Time: 5 pm
- Where: Stan Grad Building – 1301 16th Avenue NW
- Tickets: FREE
- What: XO is located in the heart of one of Calgary’s newest communities, Auburn Bay. Paying tribute to the old fashioned ice cream parlours and mom-and-pop shops, they have aimed to create an ice cream experience with flavours that are both nostalgic and creative, sparking memories across generations – past, present, and future!
- Where: 808, 100 Auburn Meadows Drive SE
- What: Kick-start spring by getting into a solid fitness routine, AKA: Let’s get that beach bod ready! Take five classes in a week or 20 class in April and be entered to win some very exciting prizes.
- When: April 1 to 30
- Where: Barre West – 420, 7337 Macleod Trail SW
- Cost: Online, $69
- What: Get inspired as you stroll through beautiful photographs taken by the famous and fascinating Frida Kahlo. There are more than 240 pieces that were kept in her home, ‘The Blue House,” for over 50 years under her estate. Visitors will have the opportunity to better understand the woman behind the artist; her origins, her roots, her friendships and romantic relationships, her fragile health, her political tendencies, and her special relationship with photography. This is the first time this exhibition has ever been presented in Canada!
- When: February 3 to May 21, 2018
- Where: The Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Admission: Regular admission