9 things to do in Calgary today: Sunday, May 12
May 12 2018, 2:49 am
Happy Mother’s Day!
Take momma out for something special by checking out any of these great Calgary events this Sunday — we’re sure she’ll love it!
- Alberta government posts billboards in BC for Trans Mountain Pipeline campaign
- Warm week breaks multiple temperature records for Calgary
- Park project to commemorate heroic Cabinet Minister underway
Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk & Ride
- What: Sweat with your momma as you celebrate her special day!
- When: Sunday, May 13
- Time: 8:40 am
- Where: Chinook Centre – 6455 Macleod Trail S
- Registration: Online, $25 to $45
Mother’s Day Brunch
- What: Celebrate your mom with the best meal of the day – it’s no coincidence Mother’s Day fell on a Sunday! See the full list of spots here.
- When: Sunday, May 13
- Alloy – 220 42nd Avenue SE
- Bow Valley Ranche – 15979 Bow Bottom Trail SE
- The Calgary Zoo – 210 Saint George’s Drive NE
- Teatro – 200 8th Avenue SE
- Winsport – 11500 35th Street SE
- Craft Beer Market – 345 10th Avenue SW
- Bridgette Bar – 739 10th Avenue SW
- National on 10, 17 and Westhills
Mother’s Day at the Post Hotel
- What: This family-owned-and-operated hotel knows the true meaning of family and wants to help celebrate our mommas in the best way possible. Escape the hustle and bustle and bring the whole family for a delicious buffet-style brunch, along with the opportunity to explore the stunning hotel grounds nestled in the midst of Lake Louise Village.
- When: Sunday, May 13
- Time: 2 pm
- Where: The Post Hotel and Spa
- Reservations: Call 403-522-3989 or 800-661-1586
Free fitness classes at the CORE: Bootcamp
- What: For the month of May, start your Sunday off right with a free boot camp class courtesy of Caron Anderson at the CORE. Time to get started on your summer bod!
- When: Every Sunday in April
- Time: 11 am
- Where: Dome Tower – 333, 7th Avenue SW
- Cost: FREE
The Secret Garden
- What: See this beloved classic by Frances Hodgson Burnett come to life on stage in this beautifully composed Broadway musical! See how a young girl used a magical key and a secret garden to warm the hearts of her uncle, family, and the audience during the show.
- When: April 17 to May 19
- Where: Max Bell Theatre – 220 9th Avenue SW
- Tickets: Online, $35 to $103
Check out Famoso on 4th’s new digs
- What: Come grab a fire-roasted pizza from you’re favourite neighbourhood pizza shop, Famoso’s on 4th, and check out their new renovations. A gorgeous centre bar, natural lighting, cosy booths, and more, they have really taken the concept of a local pizza eatery to the next level. Step into Italy and enjoy!
- When: Opened early April
- Where: 2303 4th Avenue SW
- What: Head to one of Calgary’s favourite eateries for some after-work libation for only $8 a glass. This deal includes the Moscow Mule Grilled Grapefruit Swizzle, a pint of Village Brewery No Bull beer, or a glass of wine. They will also be offering a chicken dinner for two for only $30, which includes half a wood-fired rotisserie Happy Chicken, with NOtaBLE signature salad and bottomless fries on the side – sign us up!
- When: Tuesday to Thursday
- Time: 3:30 to 5:30 pm
- Where: 4611 Bowness Road NW
Go on a spring hike!
- What: Now that most of the snow has cleared away, grab your hiking shoes and head up to the Rockies for some fresh mountain air and stunning scenic views – just don’t forget your camera! Try Grassi Lakes, Johnston Canyon, or Grotto Canyon if you’re looking for an adventure a bit shorter in length, but doesn’t compromise the quality of the view. If you’re a thrill seeker and up for the challenge try out Ha Ling Peak, Crypt Lake, or Aylmer Lookout, because the end view will take your breath away – literally! Find more hikes to do around Alberta here!
- Where: The Canadian Rocky Mountains
Experience the new and improved Brewster Banff Gondola
- What: Head to the summit for a beautiful view above the treetops and a birds-eye view of six different mountain ranges, while sipping on coffee or a refreshing glass of wine.
- Where: 100 Mountain Avenue, Banff
- Tickets: Adult $62, child $31
Take a road trip through the Icefields Parkway
- What: Did someone say road trip? Grab some pals and your camera and go cruising on this stretch of highway between Jasper and Lake Louise. The views are tremendous, but just make sure you don’t limit you to one single destination. It’s all about the drive and what you’ll discover!
- Where: Highway between Jasper and Lake Louise