FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
It’s finally here… the last day of winter!
While this shivery season has been a little snowier than what we’re used to seeing, we’re still going to miss the beautiful, chilly, and downright eventful season that is winter.
Make this last day something special by checking out any of these Calgary events!
- What: Starring one of Calgary’s most renowned actors, Stephen Hair, this productions brings a a Shakespeare classic to life! With life hanging by a thread, watch how an aging king resolves to divide his kingdom between his daughters and, in return, reveals the core to his own humanity.
- When: March 15 to 31
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: Get inspired as you stroll through beautiful photographs taken by the famous and fascinating Frida Kahlo. There are more than 240 pieces that were kept in her home, ‘The Blue House,” for over 50 years under her estate. Visitors will have the opportunity to better understand the woman behind the artist; her origins, her roots, her friendships and romantic relationships, her fragile health, her political tendencies, and her special relationship with photography. This is the first time this exhibition has ever been presented in Canada!
- When: February 3 to May 21, 2018
- Where: The Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Admission: Regular admission
- What: Calgary’s newest bakery on the block is now open and serving buttery croissants like it’s their day job – surprise, it actually is their day job! Located in the historical Devenish Building, these guys are serving up small batch pastries, from pretzels to scones. Prepare for a carb overload that is truly delicious and not regrettable in the slightest. Pop by for a visit and #treatyourself!
- When: Now Open!
- Where: Suite 111, 908 17th Avenue SW
- What: Travelling all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you everything you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures and understanding how they communicate. There is so much to know about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26
Hit the Slopes
- What: Our mountainous backyard is just waiting for us with a fluffy layer of the white stuff, perfect for winter sports and activities. Take advantage and get some spring shredding in, or take your snowshoes for an adventure around one of the many picturesque lakes that the Rockies have to offer.
- Check the websites for Sunshine, Mount Norquay and Lake Louise to check hours of operation and trail conditions