The Stampede may be over but that doesn’t mean that the fun has to be!
There are still plenty of events going on around Calgary (it is the summer, after all) for you to check out this Monday.
- Harvie Passage reopened following flood-induced redesign
- 'Kill yourself': Canadian cyclist shares intense road rage video
- Awesome Alberta: Take a summer dip at Quarry Lake Park
What: 10 days of biking fun — are you ready? From bike tours (which may include ice cream) to camping trips, you’ll enjoy this bike festival this summer, so get ready to use those two wheels like you’ve never used them before.
When: July 13 to 22
Time: Varies per event
Where: Varies per event
Admission: Varies per event
- What: Looking for a quick escape from the everyday grind? This brand new spa combines the tranquil rejuvenation of a traditional Nordic Spa and the Alpine stillness of the Canadian Rockies. Opened in March, the spa has taken the last month off to add some new exciting additions to its facilities for summer. Come out for a relaxing experience and the opportunity to discover clarity in the midst of the mountains.
- Where: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis
What: WinSport’s latest adrenaline-filled adventure is now open – Free Fall. Climb up an eight-story platform, secure yourself in a bungee harness, and jump off the platform feeling a sensation similar to that of leaping out of an airplane. Any adrenaline junkies out there?
Where: 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
Admission: One jump: $25, two jumps: $35
What: This is your opportunity to enjoy a VIP golfing experience and hit some holes on the “top of the world” while raising funds for the Ronald McDonald House!
When: Monday, July 16
Time: 8 am to 8 pm
Where: Silvertip Resort – 2000 Silvertip Trail, Canmore
Tickets: Online, $300
What: Take a break from the heat and have an ice-cold bevy on one of Calgary’s best patios. From rooftops to hidden gardens, there are plenty of spots to choose from that will have the vibe and ambiance you’re looking for. Check out some of Calgary’s best rooftop patios here!