Don’t see Monday as the end of the weekend, see it as the beginning of a beautiful new week!
…that’s what we’re telling ourselves, at least.
Seriously though, today may not be everyone’s favourite day of the week, but there’s still plenty going on around the city that will have you living it up, regardless of what day it shows on the calendar!
Here’s a few suggestions for today’s big plans.
- Calgary losing concerts to Edmonton because of arena, says Bettman
- Canadian bride ordered to pay $115,000 to wedding photographer after defamation
- Canadian university facing backlash for hosting 'anti-white(ness)' event
- What: From camping with wolves on Vancouver’s coastal beaches to filming leopards on the streets of Mumbai, it’s safe to say Bertie Gregory has truly seen it all from the lens of his camera. Bertie’s passion for the wild world is contagious and reflected in each one of his photographs! Join him for a day as he invites you along on his adventures and inspires you to get involved in protecting his wild friends.
- When: March 4 and 5
- March 4: 2 pm
- March 5: 7 pm
- Where: Jack Singer Concert Hall – 208 8th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $45 to $88
- What: “Holi” is a Hindu festival is traditionally celebrated in Nepal and India to kick off the beginning of spring. It’s often associated with throwing multicoloured powder into the streets! In lieu of this colourful festival, Calcutta Cricket Club is releasing a fun new cocktail to celebrate, available between March 1 to 8 for $10.
- When: March 1 to 8
- Where: Calcutta Cricket Club – 340 17th Avenue SW
- Cost: $10
- What: Calgary’s newest bakery on the block is now open and serving buttery croissants like it’s their day job – surprise, it actually is their day job! Located in the historical Devenish Building, these guys are serving up small batch pastries, from pretzels to scones. Prepare for a carb overload that is truly delicious and not regrettable in the slightest. Pop by for a visit and #treatyourself!
- When: Now Open!
- Where: Suite 111, 908 17th Avenue SW
- What: Get inspired as you stroll through beautiful photographs taken by the famous and fascinating Frida Kahlo. There are more than 240 pieces that were kept in her home, ‘The Blue House,” for over 50 years under her estate. Visitors will have the opportunity to better understand the woman behind the artist; her origins, her roots, her friendships and romantic relationships, her fragile health, her political tendencies, and her special relationship with photography. This is the first time this exhibition has ever been presented in Canada!
- When: February 3 to May 21, 2018
- Where: The Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Admission: Regular admission
- What: Travelling all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you everything you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures and understanding how they communicate. There is so much to know about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26