We’re not going to sugar-coat it… Mondays are well known as the buzz-kill of the week.
While they may not be able to compete with Saturday, or even Sunday, there’s still plenty going on around the city to take your mind off the fact that the work week has just begun.
And before you know it, it will be Tuesday, then Wednesday, then Thursday, and well would you look at that, it’s the weekend all over again!
That’s just what happens when you keep busy! Here’s a few events around Calgary so you can do just that.
- Calgary will soon be home to the two largest YMCAs in the world (PHOTOS)
- 25 Calgarians dead, nearly 1,000 hospitalized by 2018 flu season
- Top 14 most dangerous intersections in Calgary
- What: For the entire month of February, various cafes, restaurants and chocolatiers are featuring their very own creative twists on a traditional hot chocolate. Spend an afternoon touring the city, trying out the various concoctions, and voting for your favourite – just be prepared for a serious sugar coma afterwards. Proceeds from each drink will go towards Calgary Meals on Wheels.
- When: February 1 to 28, 2018
- Where: Various locations around the city
- What: February has been declared as “FeBREWary.” Essentially, it’s a month long celebration of craft brewers, craft beer lovers, the craft beer community, and, really, just about everything to do with craft beer! Each day in February will have an all-day happy hour at each corresponding brewery – see full calendar here.
- When: February 1 to 28
- Where: All national locations
- What: Skate amidst the beauty of downtown Calgary at everyone’s favourite outdoor rink.
- When: Now to mid-March
- Time: weather dependent, from 10 am to 9 pm
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- Admission: Free
- What: Get inspired as you stroll through beautiful photographs taken by the famous and fascinating Frida Kahlo. There are more than 240 pieces that were kept in her home, ‘The Blue House,” for over 50 years under her estate. Visitors will have the opportunity to better understand the woman behind the artist; her origins, her roots, her friendships and romantic relationships, her fragile health, her political tendencies, and her special relationship with photography. This is the first time this exhibition has ever been presented in Canada!
- When: February 3 to May 21, 2018
- Where: The Glenbow Museum – 130 9th Avenue SE, Calgary
- Admission: Regular admission
- What: Are you a coffee or a tea person? Regardless of your personal preference, these warm and cozy beverages play an important role in both our social and individual lives. This art exhibit will examine these various routines, rituals, and relationships centred around coffee and tea, while showcasing beautiful ceramics made by five Alberta-based artists.
- When: January 20 to March 17
- Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Thursday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Where: cSPACE King Edward – 1721 29th Avenue SW