From mindful meditation rooms to unlimited snacks, sit-stand desks, and paid time off to volunteer for your favourite charity, there are lots of Calgary companies that boast serious work-life benefits.
And good news — they are all looking for full-time and part-time staff to add to their teams.
This month’s list of companies who are hiring features universities, malls, and the Saddledome.
Find something you love in this list of Calgary jobs.
- See also:
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is hiring for 56 positions this month, ranging from Administrative Supervisor to Assistant Summer Day Camp Coordinator.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and more.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: Love the Flames so much you’d want to work within the Saddledome itself? Well, you’re in luck. There are plenty of opportunities available with the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation.
- Jobs: There are 14 external opportunities currently available, including Dishwasher, Cook, 50/50 Ticket Seller, Security Guard, and Operations Administrator/Event Recorder.
- Perks: Perks are not specified on the site, but hey, you get to be in the Saddledome on game days.
- Who: The online delivery giant has made a big splash by opening a fulfillment centre near Calgary, and there are plenty of jobs available.
- Jobs: 16 jobs are up for grabs, including Senior HR Assistant, Area Manager, Operations Manager, Partner Sales Manager, and EHS Specialist.
- Perks: Amazon benefits include health, dental, vision, company-paid disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and restricted stock units.
- Who: The Calgary Stampede is in charge of throwing the Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth every July, though there is also lots that the organization does in the off-season as well.
- Jobs: The Calgary Stampede is hiring for 39 part- or full-time positions, including Live Event Production Coordinator, Event Crew Team Lead, Wait Staff, Network Administrator, and Park Patrol Agent.
- Perks: “The Calgary Stampede offers a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent total compensation package, and the opportunity for advancement and employee training.”
- Who: Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 16 available positions and roughly 200 other stores that are “collecting interest.” Stores that have open positions include Sunglass Hut, Ben Moss Jewellers, Le Chateau, State and Main, and MAC.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: UofC is the city’s largest university, spread across five campuses, and home to thousands of employees.
- Jobs: The jobs page at UofC’s website shows 84 positions currently available for application, with everything from Campus Security to various scholar positions.
- Perks: Perks vary by department; more information available here.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: Winsport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Jobs: Winsport is currently looking to fill six full-time positions, including an Ice Technician and Snow Making and Trail Crew. There are also seven temporary job opportunities, including Skate Instructor, Ski Instructor, Scheduler, Lift Operator, and more.
- Perks: Winsport team members get free parking spaces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit and leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t go broke, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 38 jobs are currently on offer with the City of Calgary, including positions such as Auto Body Technician, Security Guard, Corporate Facility Portfolio Planner, Clubhouse Coordinator, and Greenskeeper.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, though all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
- Who: Making sure busy travellers get to where they need to go, the Calgary Airport Authority runs everything to do with YYC.
- Jobs: Four jobs are currently offered at the airport, as well as 15 student opportunities ranging from Accounting Services to Ground Transportation and Parking Summer Student.
- Perks: The Calgary Airport Authority offers benefits, pension, and health and wellness programs.
View this post on Instagram
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to work out facilities, Repsol’s makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol’s is looking to bring in six new employees — five part-time, one full-time — to fill the roles of Fitness Consultant, Fitness Centre Shift Lead, Aquatic Shift Lead, Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, and Director of Aquatics and Fitness as the full-time spot.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
- Who: The Keg Steakhouse has three locations throughout Calgary and is hiring for two of them.
- Jobs: Five jobs are available for those hoping to start working at The Keg, with Dishwasher and Host positions open at the Crowfoot Location and Kitchen Staff, Dishwasher, and Bar Server positions available at Macleod Trail.
- Perks: Benefits for hourly workers include 40% on food at any Keg (for you and up to three friends!), staff events, and health benefits for those working over 30 hours a week.