From mindful meditation rooms to unlimited snacks, sit-stand desks, and paid time off to volunteer for your favourite charity, there are lots of Calgary companies that boast serious work-life benefits.
And good news — they are all looking for full-time and part-time staff to add to their teams.
This month’s list of companies who are hiring features universities, malls, and the Saddledome.
Find something you love in this list of Calgary jobs!
- See also:
- Who: The online delivery giant has made a big splash by opening a fulfillment centre near Calgary, and there are plenty of jobs available.
- Jobs: Nine jobs are up for grabs with Amazon in Calgary, including Senior HR Assistant, Area Manager of Delivery Operations, EHS Specialist, and Calgary Area Manager, among others.
- Perks: Amazon benefits include health, dental, vision, company-paid disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and restricted stock units.
- Who: The Calgary Stampede is in charge of throwing the Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth every July, though there are also lots that the organization does in the off-season as well.
- Jobs: The Calgary Stampede is hiring for 15 part- or full-time positions, including Cleaners, Park Patrol Agents, a Sponsor Account Manager, a Dispatcher, wait staff, Forklift Operator, and much more.
- Perks: “The Calgary Stampede offers a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent total compensation package and the opportunity for advancement and employee training.”
- Who: Chinook Centre is home to dozens of retailers ranging from clothing to food to electronics.
- Jobs: Chinook Centre’s jobs page is currently showing 28 available positions, and roughly 200 other stores that are “collecting interest.” Stores that have open positions include Waldorf Designs, A&W, Ben Moss Jewellers, Sunglass Hut, Steve Madden, State & Main, Roots, Indochino, MAC, Harry Rosen, and more.
- Perks: Perks vary by store.
- Who: UofC is the city’s largest university, spread across five campuses, and home to thousands of employees.
- Jobs: The Careers page at UofC’s website shows 90 positions currently available for application, with everything from Vice President of Research to Postdoctoral Scholars to Residence Housekeepers.
- Perks: Perks vary by department, more information available here.
- Who: Winsport is the owner and operator of Canada Olympic Park, the Bill Warren Training Centre at the Canmore Nordic Centre in Canmore Alberta, and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Centre on Haig Glacier Alberta.
- Jobs: Winsport is currently looking to fill two full-time positions, including Patrol Team Lead and Safety Specialist. There are also 17 temporary job opportunities, including Security Guard, Tube Park Team Member, and Snowboard Instructor.
- Perks: Winsport team members get free park paces, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, and access to the Performance Training Centre.
- Who: The City of Calgary is in charge of everything from public transit to leisure services to making sure the city doesn’t go broke, so there are plenty of opportunities across a wide range of positions.
- Jobs: A total of 32 jobs are currently on offer with the City of Calgary, including positions such as CPIC Information Specialist, Payroll Specialist, Senior Process Accountant, Litigation Lawyer, Martial Arts Instructor, Real Estate Project Lead, and more.
- Perks: Perks vary per position, though all employees will enjoy the security that comes from working for a company that literally cannot go under.
- Who: Making sure busy travellers get to where they need to go, the Calgary Airport Authority runs everything to do with YYC.
- Jobs: Four jobs are on offer at the airport, with one being designated to students! Non-student positions are General Manager of Regulatory and Quality Assurance, Legal Counsel, Air Service Development Manager, and Senior Airport Systems Analyst. The student opportunity is IT Infrastructure Co-op Student.
- Perks: The Calgary Airport Authority offers benefits, pension, and health and wellness programs.
- Who: With everything from swimming pools to work out facilities, Repsol’s makes for a great place to make some money and stay fit.
- Jobs: Repsol’s is looking to bring in nine new employees — all being part-time — to fill the roles of Lifeguard, Customer Service Team Member, Aquatic Program Coordinator, Swin Instructor, Baby and Me Fitness Instructor, Running Instructor, Childcare Attendant, Boxing Bootcamp Instructor, and Pilates Flex Instructor.
- Perks: Perks include facility membership and discounts, flexible group benefits, retirement savings programs, and more.
- Who: Calgary boasts two of the largest YMCA facilities in the entire world (along with several other smaller locations) and features a wide range of roles for potential applicants to fill.
- Jobs: Calgary YMCA is hiring for 48 positions this month, ranging from Aquatics Coordinators and Supervisors to Early Childhood Educators to Youth Basketball Referee.
- Perks: Perks include a complimentary membership, health and dental benefits, pension plans, program discounts, and much more.
- Who: Love the Flames so much you’d want to work within the Saddledome itself? Well, you’re in luck. There are plenty of opportunities available with the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation!
- Jobs: There are 15 external opportunities currently available, including Dishwasher, Chef, 50/50 Ticket Seller, Host, Server, Security Guard, and more.
- Perks: Perks are not specified on the site, but hey, you get to be in the Saddledome on game days.