It’s another beautiful day in Calgary.
Continuing on with our short week, here are some events happening around the city today.
To be, or not to be, that is the question… Theatre Calgary is bringing Hamlet outside, as it showcases its annual outdoor performances of Shakespeare by the Bow.
- Where: Prince’s Island Park – 698 Eau Claire Avenue SW
- When: Runs from June 21 to August 21, every day except Mondays; performances at 7 pm, with an extra 2pm matinee on Sundays. On hiatus between July 19 and 24.
- More info: Theatre Calgary’s website
Catch a cheap flick at downtowns historic Globe Cinema. In The Waiting Room, Jasmin, once a successful actor in former Yugoslavia, dreams of returning to Sarajevo to continue his career, but fears losing his son Daniel if he follows through with his plan.
- Where: Globe Cinema – 617 8th Avenue SW
- When: Tuesday, June 28 at 7 and 9 pm
- Cost: $5 (discounted Tuesday price)
Deals, deals, deals. Let’s Bowl has weekday specials all summer long. Tuesday’s deal is ‘Tic Toc Tuesday’ where you’ll only pay $2 per game from 5 to 5:59 pm, $3 a game from 6 to 6:59 and only $4 a game from 7 pm to close at 11pm
- Where: Let’s Bowl – 2916 5th Avenue NE
- When: Tuesday, June 28 from 5 to 11 pm
- Cost: $2 to $4 per game
Test your skills while enjoying some well priced bevies and snacks. Chicken wings $5/lb and pitchers of PBR for $15. Find out how much you really know about music, pop culture, Canadiana, outer space, inner space, action movies and more! And oh yeah, no cell phones allowed!
- Where: Broken City – 613 11th Avenue SW
- When: Tuesday, June 28 at 7 pm
- Cost: $4 per contestant
How well do you really know what happened in the 90’s? If you think you have that sh*t on lock then this is where you need to be. 90’s pop culture is the category and bragging rights are on the line.
- Where: Wurst – 2437 4th Street SW
- When: Tuesday, June 28 at
- Cost: $20 (includes a drink)